Monday, June 11, 2012

I AM BLESSED

Thankful

Okay, so I know I haven't blogged in...ohhhh.....over a year but I am determined to get back into this and to try my best to be consistent.  Why you ask?  Well my dear sweet friend, unfortunately, had to endure one of the hardest situations some are asked to go through here on earth.  Her very sweet 10 year old son passed away due to a  form of brain cancer.  No God did not make her son have this illness.  It's just one of the horrible consequences that we face daily due to the ugly sin in this world.  I have been so amazed at the faith her and her family have shown through all of this.  (Tami if you're reading this you guys truly are amazing and such an awesome witness.)  While watching her endure all of the heart wrenching grief and pain that she has endured over the past few months I became painfully aware of how much I complain about or take for granted my children.  This is what brings me here today.
I am going to try my very best to devote one day a week to each of my kids and get in writing why I am so thankful and blessed to have each and every one of them.  We have no idea how long we get to be blessed by them so I want to make sure that I am enjoying, teaching and loving them the best that I can every day!
So with that being said, I'm going to start Monday off with Christian


This sweet boy is a bundle of all kinds of emotions!!!  He loves, laughs and gets angry with all his heart.  I am so thankful that he is still such an innocent boy.  He hasn't figured out all the cruelties of the world yet and although it makes his life a little harder outside our front door it allows us to hold on to the little boy that is still inside.  Christian is packed full of imagination and loves to quote lines from any movie or t.v. show that might make him giggle. 
My prayer for Christian, today, is that he will be able to figure out how to filter the energy that he sometimes doesn't know what to do with into something very productive.   Possibly into the drawing that he has shown so much promise in.  
Here's my proud mom bragging moment....


This is something he drew this morning.  When the other kids and myself tried to draw these characters we had to use all kinds of step by step instructions.  Christian looked at the picture on the cover and just drew it. (better than all of us put together)
Christian you are such a cool kid with so many different talents!!!
I love you Buddy!!!

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

What a neat idea!! Thanks for the good reminder today.

Kel said...

Julie you are an awesome mom and friend! Love your purposeful parenting! Kel