Friday, November 14, 2008

Not perfect



If ever I thought that I was on the verge of being a perfect mother it was all shot down this week. Christian has been learning a new word every week at school. We get a list of these words and had I reviewed these words sooner I could have seen this coming. Christian jumped into the car after school and got all buckled in along with his sister and we were off. The kids were just chattering away when all of the sudden Christian piped up above them all.
Christian: "Mom?"
Mom: "Yes Chrsitian."
Christian: " I really wish our house was orderly."
Mom: "What!?"
Chrisitan: "I really wish our house was orderly because our house is always messy."
Mom: "Sorry buddy that's just the way it goes sometimes."

In the back of my mind all I could think of was, "Did he tell his teacher this?"
Oh well. Maybe in a few years our house can be orderly Christian. Especially if I have 4 little helpers instead of destroyers.! :)

2 comments:

The Steeles said...

I loved that story. You have a precious family.

Unknown said...

That is too funny!! Out of the mouths of babes!!

Love you Julie Ann!! Miss you bunches....