Sunday, November 23, 2008

God, thank you for magnets! Amen.


Last night I had the wonderful opportunity to have my niece, Sophia, stay over night at my house. Her brother got very sick and ended up in the hospital. He's doing much better now but last night Sophie needed somewhere to sleep and I gladly volunteered. I had let Ryan put the kids to bed and was enjoying some time with my friend Amy when the kids started begging that I come up and say good night. After dragging myself upstairs unwillingly I was blessed in a major way. The girls all wanted to say prayers so I let them and Joey and Hayden's prayers were precious but really pretty repetitive of past prayers. Then Sophie started her prayer.
Sophia's prayer:
Dear God,
Thank you for loving me God and for wrapping your heart around me. Thank you for my friends, for my bunk beds, for my family and for my grandma and my grandpa. Thank you for scissors and for paper to cut. And God do you know what? I think you're wonderful! Thank you for magnets.
Amen

This little girl just turned 4. I was so blessed by the simplicity of her prayer yet the depth at the same time. God has wrapped His heart completely around us in many different ways! He sent His only son to die a horrible death just for you and me. God loves us so much that He found a way that we can continue to sin, like He knew we would, but yet He can still see us as white as snow and love us as though we hadn't just torn His heart in two with the sins that we continually commit. She also just seemed to get what a prayer was at her young age; a conversation between her and her wonderful Heavenly Father! I am so lucky to have Sophia in my life! I love her dearly! Thank you for the humbling lesson in prayer last night sweetie!

1 comment:

Heather and Brian Miller said...

Thank you for sharing Julie, that warms my heart!!! And thank you Sophie for Praying that prayer. I love how children are so innocent!

Heather