Thursday, September 18, 2008

Weird Events


Well school is well under way and we have had some weird things happen already. Two days ago Hayden came home and informed us all that she now has a boyfriend. SHE'S IN KINDERGARTEN!! Daddy was not very happy. I think Hayden might have a tough time convincing Ryan that she can date.:) This is definitely a different story than when she was convinced that her daddy wasn't a doctor but was in fact Super Man.
Christian came home yesterday and told us that in art class they learned about Vincent Van Gogh and they watched a video that talked about him cutting his ear off. We didn't think anything of it until bed time came and he, all of the sudden, was terrified to go to sleep. They must have played some scary music in the video while they were talking about Van Gogh's ear. We contemplated whether or not he was just trying to get out of going to go to bed until the tears started pouring down his face. Poor guy!!! Who knew History could be so scary.
Joey and Kinnick haven't done anything too surprising yet so I'm chalking it up to grade school. I'm now making sure that I enjoy every moment of the preschool years that I have left. If the last few days are a hint of what is to come I think that we're in for a rough road!:)
I'm sure it will be just fine but is a little surprising right now!

3 comments:

Erin said...

If it makes you feel any better - - Blaine has 2 girlfriends at preschool!!! He sits in the middle of them and he tells me they are both friends as well. I am REALLY hoping they are friends that happen to be girls. :-)

Unknown said...

I had a boyfriend in Kindergarten for about 10 minutes and then decided that boys were yucky... here's hoping she feels the same!!!

Heather and Brian Miller said...

That is what you get for telling your kids to "Stop eating your boogers!!" They actually grow up and are so darn cute so boys start to notice them..... which is why we just let Gabby keep on tooting in front of boys!!! just kidding.

Hey Thanks for having Gabby stay this weekend... she had a good time! she did tell on you and Ryan though- but its our secret!

Heather