I was thinking about all of the funny things that our kids say so I thought I would share the latest funnies.
The other day it was just Kinnick and I at home for the morning. He came up to me while I was doing something and he asked, "Mom can I please have a snack?" This was right after I had just given him a fruit snack so I said, "No." He thought that if he continued to ask my answer might change so he did so about three more times. After my third no it got pretty quiet for a while until I heard this very sad, "Mom." I stopped what I was doing and gave him my full attention.
Kinnick: Mommy?
Mommy: What Kinnick?
Kinnick: Mommy, I might die if I don't get a snack.
The way this three year old asked was so pathetic and sad that I died laughing and then gave in.
Joey came up to me one day out of the blue and stated, "Mommy, you are so compilated!"
I did spell that right she must have heard someone else say that they were complicated and then repeated it. I'm not really sure where it came from however because, to my recollection, neither Ryan or I have ever said that to the kids (not that we haven't thought it!).
Christian has had to wear a patch on his right eye for the last two weeks because his left eye is weak. He had a neighbor friend over yesterday while he was wearing his patch and the neighbor asked, "Why do you have that patch on your eye?". After a little bit of silence Christian looked at the neighbor with the most serious face and told him, "My eye fell out." Ryan and I both died laughing! He was so serious.
Every night we say prayers with the kids before they go to bed. Hayden insists that she says a prayer as well which is fine with us. They have listened to us say prayer and now copy what we say at the beginning of our prayers. Ryan always prays, "Dear God, thank you for this day...." Hayden for the longest time mumbled very bad while she said her prayer and we have just recently made her speak clear while she prays. When we could finally understand what she was saying we realized that, at bed time, she would say, "Bless this food to our bodies and make us healthy and strong." twice. We also realized when opening her prayer she would say, "Dear God, Thank you for this deal...."
This struck me funny because our days at times seem to be quite the deal.
Although they are messy and loud and full of pure chaos we still need to be thankful that God has provided the day for us to live and praise Him!
So... Dear God, I truly do thank you for this deal that you've given us to live through and be blessed by!
The other day it was just Kinnick and I at home for the morning. He came up to me while I was doing something and he asked, "Mom can I please have a snack?" This was right after I had just given him a fruit snack so I said, "No." He thought that if he continued to ask my answer might change so he did so about three more times. After my third no it got pretty quiet for a while until I heard this very sad, "Mom." I stopped what I was doing and gave him my full attention.
Kinnick: Mommy?
Mommy: What Kinnick?
Kinnick: Mommy, I might die if I don't get a snack.
The way this three year old asked was so pathetic and sad that I died laughing and then gave in.
Joey came up to me one day out of the blue and stated, "Mommy, you are so compilated!"
I did spell that right she must have heard someone else say that they were complicated and then repeated it. I'm not really sure where it came from however because, to my recollection, neither Ryan or I have ever said that to the kids (not that we haven't thought it!).
Christian has had to wear a patch on his right eye for the last two weeks because his left eye is weak. He had a neighbor friend over yesterday while he was wearing his patch and the neighbor asked, "Why do you have that patch on your eye?". After a little bit of silence Christian looked at the neighbor with the most serious face and told him, "My eye fell out." Ryan and I both died laughing! He was so serious.
Every night we say prayers with the kids before they go to bed. Hayden insists that she says a prayer as well which is fine with us. They have listened to us say prayer and now copy what we say at the beginning of our prayers. Ryan always prays, "Dear God, thank you for this day...." Hayden for the longest time mumbled very bad while she said her prayer and we have just recently made her speak clear while she prays. When we could finally understand what she was saying we realized that, at bed time, she would say, "Bless this food to our bodies and make us healthy and strong." twice. We also realized when opening her prayer she would say, "Dear God, Thank you for this deal...."
This struck me funny because our days at times seem to be quite the deal.
Although they are messy and loud and full of pure chaos we still need to be thankful that God has provided the day for us to live and praise Him!
So... Dear God, I truly do thank you for this deal that you've given us to live through and be blessed by!
3 comments:
That is so precious!!
AWWW Julie -- you made me cry!!! That is so awesome!!! I'm narrowing my search for Federal jobs to the DSM area .. so alot of prayer on that would be awesome.. I need to be in Iowa with my family!!!
Those are great stories, Julie. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see you at Hearts at Home!!
Post a Comment